Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Good Surprises!

Hello Blogger Friends!
Today I have a card to share for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog.

Before I share today's project with you I'd like to say


HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY to the

Currently we are CELEBRATING our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY at the Dies R Us Challenges Blog so be sure to come check it out!  In honor of our Anniversary, we will be running the same theme (ANNIVERSARY CARDS) throughout the entire month of May!  And, at the end of the month we will not just be drawing ONE lucky winner to receive a gift voucher to the Dies R Us Store ... but we are drawing FIVE ... YES FIVE lucky winner's at the END OF THE MONTH
YOU could be one of our lucky winners!
 I  hope you'll come join in the fun!!

Now, onto today's creations . . .
I've been busy making Tissue Box Covers for my Spring Craft Shows and since I didn't want to waste any of the beautiful designer paper I've been using, I decided to turn all the scraps into a variety of cards. 


By using die cuts with your scrap designer papers, you can create some of the most amazing cards.  I will share more along the way but this is one of my favorites!



 The dies I've used today are:
 Spellbinder Celebrations 'Pierced Rectangles' (#SCD-012)

"Love, love, love these background die sets!!!"

By making my background panel from the patterned paper then overlaying the background die, it's so easy to hide any imperfections in matching (or not) your patterns.  

Another little tip is:   By cutting a panel of patterned paper that would fit the inside of a card ... THEN cutting the 'Heirloom Legacy' oval panel for the front of my card from that piece.  I was not only able to use the oval background for the sentiment on the front of TODAY'S card creation . . .

  but also the inside sentiment panel for another card (as seen above).
 The butterfly die used on this inside panel is BoBunny Dies 'Flutter' 
also available at our Dies R Us Store.

I hope you have found these little tips and tricks helpful and will give them a try on your cards.  There are SO MANY beautiful dies available at the STORE!  More and more new releases are being added all the time so be sure to stop over and have a look at all the DIE CUTTING GOODNESS available in one location.  Over 40 die cutting companies represented!

Thanks for stopping by today ... hope you have a fabulous week ahead!
Don't forget to join in on the Dies R Us Anniversary Celebration at the DRU Challenge Blog!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.