Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Something *NEW*

Hello My Friends!
It's finally time for a new challenge over at The Sisterhood of Crafter's.
It was wonderful to have a little 'time off' but now we are ready to get back on track with challenges for the new year!  Our first challenge of the year is a fun and easy one . . .

ANYTHING GOES using something *NEW*

Well, I must admit I didn't get any new crafting goodies for Christmas (I think I buy myself too many goodies throughout the year, lol) and, with that being said, here is a die set I bought at the Dies R Us store.  It is by Creative Expressions Sue Wilson ... Spanish Collection - Granada #CED1207.  Then on my trip to Indiana last October, I discovered this coordinating stamp at Joan's Gardens ... Sue Wilson 'Woven Leaves Stamp' #UMS551.  Actually found a couple different stamps that matched some of my Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Die Sets so of course I had to purchase them.  (Haven't inked them up yet though ... MY BAD!)



After stamping on white card stock, I colored in the leaves using my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  Then I die cut the stamped image using the larger of the 3 dies in the set.  I've used pop dots to pop it up on the garden green base card and die cut the 'smallest' die of the set and stamped my sentiment.

Easy Peasy yet beautiful!

Since there are 3 dies in this set, I just HAD to die cut the middle size die and create a card with it.  So that is what I've done on this black card stock panel then adhered it to my white card base.  I knew it wasn't going to need 'much' so I simply created a couple homemade flowers using the Cheery Lynn Designs #B435 'Tea Rose Small' floral die strip.  This adorable image from the Graphic45 Place In Time 12x12 pack worked perfectly as my focus image. 


A touch of sparkle on the flowers and leaves using Stickles just wasn't enough for me today so I went all around the border with white Liquid Pearls.  OK ... NOW I'm happy!  LOL!


I do hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!
You will have until January 25th to play along!

A few additional challenge to share in today:
Fashionable Stamping Challenge - Something New (Stamp & Die Set)
One Stitch at a Time Challenge #228 - Something New (Stamp & Die Set)
Sister Act Challenge #88 - Anything Goes
Design Team Showcase - DT Only

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Wishing you a fabulous remainder of your week ...
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.